1822 The Catholic population in Ayrshire was growing and was ministered to by visiting priests, Bishop Cameron sent Rev William Thomson to   be the first Parish priest.
1826 After much petitioning by the Rev William Thomson, the foundation stone was laid for the St Margaret’s.
1827 The new St Margaret’s church was officially opened.
1895 A permanent school was opened for the children of St Margaret’s in a new building adjacent to the church.
1930 St Margaret’s High School opened in Whitletts Road when all classes were transferred from the ‘wee school’ next to the church. This became the church hall.
1978 The old chapel house was demolished due to the realignment and upgrading of John Street.  A new chapel house was built to the north of the church.
1986 The Old School Building was raized to the ground to make way for the new church hall.
1989 The new Church Hall was opened by Provost McNeill.
1999 Works start on the renovations of St Margaret’s.
2000 St Margaret’s re opens.  Parishioners Pat Lynch, Mary Godfrey, Lee Galloway and Ken Burrell cut the ribbon.
2007 Pope Benedict XVI accepted the petition of Right Reverend John Cunningham, the 7th Bishop of Galloway, to move the cathedral seat to St Margaret’s Church, Ayr.
2017 The ‘Glory to God in The Highest’ window was installed (on the west side of the nave, above the main entrance) and dedicated